Fire has destroyed the Bungalow of the Yendi Church of Christ Health Centre in the Yendi Municipality of Northern Region.
The four-bedroom bungalow occupied by the Medical Officer of the Centre, Bernard Ndeogo was destroyed around 3 am on Friday February, 6, when the Medical Officer was at the Health Centre attending to patients.
According to eye witnesses, the fire started with smoke and flames coming from the roof of the facility.
They said they raised an alarm and people rushed to put off the fire, but could not do so compelling them to call the Ghana National Fire Service.
The fire destroyed the entire property of the Medical Officer. He said he lost GHC11,000 cedis in the destruction.
He said he was preparing for his wife’s passing out as a seamstress but unfortunately everything that was bought for the occasion was destroyed by the fire. He said he and his family members are displaced.
According to personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service, the fire might have been caused by power fluctuations in the Yendi Municipality.
In December last year, a pump panel of the Yendi Ghana Water Company Limited was burnt due to power fluctuation in the area.
The people therefore appealed to the Authorities of Volta River Authority (VRA) to find solutions to avoid further destruction.