The Ghana Civil Service under the auspices of the Office of the President is organising the 2020 Civil Service Week and Awards Ceremony as part of the Public Sector Reform for Results Project (PSRRP).
The programme, under the theme: “Civil Service and Private Sector Synergy: A National Development Imperative”, seeks to recognize the strategic importance of the synergy between the Civil Service and the private sector for national development.
It also aimed to honour dedicated Civil Service staff for their selfless service to Ghana during the year under review.
The press release issued and signed by the Public Relations Officer at the Office of the Head of Civil Service Tony Goodman, said, the celebration will start from 17th and ends on 25th September, 2020.
Activities lined up for the Celebration are as follows:
Date Time Activities Venue
- 17th September – 10am – Press Launch CLOGSAG Auditorium
- 18th September -12 noon Thanksgiving: Christian & Muslims CLOGSAG Auditorium& Ministries Mosque
- 22nd September – 9am – Public Lecture (live streaming) – CLOGSAG Auditorium
- 23rd September: 9am-5pm: Open Day All Ministries & Departments
- 24th September: 8am-10am – Clean-up Exercise All Ministries & Departments
- 10am: Health talk (live streaming), Blood Donation, Medical Screening, CLOGSAG Auditorium
- 25th September: 2pm Civil Service Awards Ceremony @ Accra International Conference Centre
According to Mr Goodman, “it’s a service-wide programme and will involve all Ministers, Chief Directors, Directors and all staff of the various Ministries and Departments in the Civil Service”.
“The public and private sector, academia, media and civil society organizations will also play a vital role in the celebration” he added.
Story Filed By: Edzorna Francis Mensah