Saturday, May 28, 2022

Police visit families of missing Takoradi girls

Must Read

NPP Bono East: Incumbent chairman Adu-Appiah ‘deposed’

The incumbent Bono East Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Thomas Adu-Appiah has been deposed after he...

Anthony Namoo re-elected NPP Upper East Chairman

Private legal practitioner, Anthony Namoo, has been re-elected the Upper East Regional Chairman of the governing New Patriotic Party...

NPP: Incumbent Ahafo Chairman Kwabena Owusu Sekyere retains position

The incumbent Ahafo Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwabena Owusu Sekyere retained his position in a...

The Western Regional Police Command has visited the site where some body parts were exhumed out of a septic tank at the residence of Sam Wills, the main suspect behind the kidnapping of the Takoradi missing girls last night.

After the brief inspection, the Police proceeded to Diabene and Kansaworodo to meet the families of the missing girls.

Meanwhile, the families of the three Takoradi girls in the Western Region have rubbished allegations that body parts of the girls have been exhumed in a police operation. 

Their comments follow an operation carried out by a team of police personnel from the Criminal Investigations Department  (CID) headquarters and the Western Regional Police Command in an uncompleted building at Kansawrodo near the Methodist Senior High School girls hostel, where the first accused Samuel Wills resided.

A team of policemen led by the Western Regional Police Commander DCOP Vincent Redeemer Dedzo visited the site this morning. After the brief inspection, the team proceeded to Diabene and Kansaworodo to meet the families of the missing girls.

Speaking in an interview with GBC’s Radio Ghana News in Sekondi, a sister to one of the  kidnapped ladies, Ruthlove Quayeson, Kate Quayeson said “ this is not true, it’s just a ploy to end the case  because they do not know what else to do” .

Other relatives also said they do not believe that their relatives are dead. Father of Priscilla Blessing Bentum the first girl to be kidnapped, Francis Bentum, said he had visited the  scene Friday evening about 8:30pm after the Police had left and to him,  human remains could not have been kept in the septic tank for all this while.

The family members believed that of three girls who were allegedly kidnapped by Samuel Wills, a Nigerian last year are alive and appealed to the President as well as security agencies to continue with their search as they believe that the girls will be found.

The three girls Ruthlove Quayeson, Priscilla Blessing Bentum and Priscilla Koranchie were kidnapped between August and December 2018.

Meanwhile, the two Nigerian suspects are standing trial over the kidnapping of the girls.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

NPP Bono East: Incumbent chairman Adu-Appiah ‘deposed’

The incumbent Bono East Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Thomas Adu-Appiah has been deposed after he...

Anthony Namoo re-elected NPP Upper East Chairman

Private legal practitioner, Anthony Namoo, has been re-elected the Upper East Regional Chairman of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP). He polled 114 votes to...

NPP: Incumbent Ahafo Chairman Kwabena Owusu Sekyere retains position

The incumbent Ahafo Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwabena Owusu Sekyere retained his position in a keenly contested election at Goaso...

Northern: Samba retained as NPP chairman

Businessman, Mohammed Adam Bantima Samba has been retained as the Northern Regional Chairman of the governing New Patriotic Party(NPP). He beat his closest contender Alhaji...

NPP Savannah: Prof Kalmonia re-elected as chairman

The Incumbent Savannah Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Iddrisu  Sulemana had a smooth sail in the regional executive elections. In the contest...

More Articles Like This