26 C
Accra
Sunday, September 20, 2020
No menu items!

Kumasi GES dispels rumours of infection in schools

Must Read

Minority leader not happy with absence of biometric verification devices in ongoing voters exhibition exercise

The Minority leader and MP for Tamale South constituency, Haruna Iddrisu, has urged the Electoral Commission to try out...

Two dead as Cyclone lanos batters Greece

Two people have been confirmed dead and another is missing after a hurricane-like storm swept across Greece. Hundreds of people...

Ethiopia charges opposition figures with terrorism

Prominent opposition figures are among 24 people charged with terrorism in Ethiopia. The charges were laid in connection with a...

Mr David Oppong, the Kumasi Metropolitan Director of Education, has described as false, reports that some final year students who recently returned to school contracted the COVID-19 virus.

The Metropolitan Education Office, he said, had been monitoring events and activities in schools since they were reopened for the final year students to complete their work and write their final examinations.

“Presently, we do not know of any school which has recorded a confirmed case of COVID-19,” he told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in Kumasi.

He said the GES working in partnership with the Metropolitan Public Health Committee, had put in place the necessary measures for early detection of signs and symptoms of the disease amongst students.

“We have provided almost every school within our jurisdiction with a thermometer gun for the routine checking of the body temperature of students,” he noted.
Additionally, authorities of the various schools were directed to create isolation centres to take care of students who would show signs of the disease before being sent to the hospital.

Ghanaian schools had for over three months been closed down as the country took measures to contain the spread of the pandemic, which had claimed more than one hundred lives since the country recorded its first two cases on March 12.

With the disease spreading rapidly nationwide, many parents were apprehensive as their wards went back to school to prepare for the West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), and the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).

Mr Oppong assured parents of maximum protection for their wards, and entreated the public to treat the rumours circulating on social media with contempt.

SourceGNA

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Minority leader not happy with absence of biometric verification devices in ongoing voters exhibition exercise

The Minority leader and MP for Tamale South constituency, Haruna Iddrisu, has urged the Electoral Commission to try out...

Two dead as Cyclone lanos batters Greece

Two people have been confirmed dead and another is missing after a hurricane-like storm swept across Greece. Hundreds of people were trapped in flooded buildings...

Ethiopia charges opposition figures with terrorism

Prominent opposition figures are among 24 people charged with terrorism in Ethiopia. The charges were laid in connection with a wave of ethnic unrest which...

Upper East Region gets new traffic lighting system

The Upper East Region has been given new traffic lighting systems and with the old malfunctioning ones replaced. Drivers and motorists in the Bolgatanga Municipality,...

First Lady calls for peace between Chiefs and people of Weija and Gbawe

The First Lady, Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo has called for calm between the chiefs and people of Weija and Gbawe. The two towns which share boundaries...

More Articles Like This