Helga Gokah, Sportscaster, producer on Ghana Broadcasting Corporation’s Uniiq fm and an Analyst on GTV Sports and Akosua Adjei (Lawrencia Nyamekye Adjei) also a Sportscaster on Uniiq fm as well as Presenter and Producer on GTV Sports+ are set to be honoured at the third edition of the Sports Women Achievers Awards.
Women In sports Achievers Award, WISA, is an initiative of Madam Gloria Commodore. The award scheme seeks to honor women in various aspects of the industry from administrators, athletes, coaches and media practitioners. Ms Gokah and Ms Adjei are being awarded for promoting Women in Sports and also using their platform to always push for better treatment for women involved in various disciplines.
Ms Gokah is a graduate of the African University College of Communication. She specializes in Boxing and football where she does a phenomenal job. Ms. Gokah through her presentation on Radio and TV has always portrayed what WISA stands for and hope to achieve in the near future for Women. She is also an active member of the Sports Writers Association of Ghana and an AIPS. Still, in her early years in the industry, she has covered three (3) Africa Cup of Nations and such an honor bestowed on her could not have come at a better time.
Ms Adjei on the other hand looks more into the human side of stories and tries to bring out the stories behind the scenes. Ms Adjei is a graduate of the University of Cape Coast. She also represented the Sports Writers of Ghana and AIPS at the U-17 Women’s World Cup. She also shines a light on all things female sports and keeps on preaching the culture of representation for female athletes.
Other Sports Writers and Sportscasters who will also be awarded are Juliet Bawuah of AWSS, Nana Akua Amankwa, Beatrice Laryea, Angela Akua Asante of Triple A, Genevieve Naa Amerley Quaye of NB Sports and Veronica Commey.
This year, five (5) teams will be awarded including GRA Royal Ladies Hockey Team, Sekondi Hasaacas Ladies Football Team, Ghana Taekwondo, Ghana Judo Team, Conquerors Rugby Team and 25 individuals will be awarded. The Awards ceremony comes off at the multipurpose court of the Accra Sports Stadium on Saturday September 28, 2019.
BELOW IS THE LIST OF ALL 2019 WISA AWARD WINNERS
- Beatrice Afful – Fitness Ambassador
- Patience Ofei – Keep Fit Instructor of GAFKCA,
- Mercy Addy – Former national athlete
- Grace Armah – Former national athlete
- Enyonam Broom – NSA Secretary
- Abigail Twumasiwaa Okanta – Sports Supporter
- Rose Yeboah – High Jump Gold Medalist
- Grace Obour – Long Jump Silver Medalist
- Winnifred Ntumy – Weightlifting Bronze Medalist
- Kelsey Woname – Fencer
- Portia Adukwei Allotey, Multi Talented Sportswoman
- Vanessa Kolokie – Body Builder
- Victoria Agbeyeye – Body Builder
- Ramatu Quaye – Boxer
- Patience Borkor – Handball Coach
- Adizatu Kubrah Mustapha – Footballer
- Naomi Anima – Footballer
- Uwaisa Mawia -. Footballer
- Madam Kokui Hanson of Kwese TV – Media
- Juliet Bawuah of AWSS – Media
- Nana Akua Amankwa of TV3 – Media
- Beatrice Laryea of Graphic Communications – Media
- Lawrencia Nyamekye Adjei (Akosua Adjei) of GTV Sports – Media
- Helga Gokah of Uniq FM- Media
- Angela Akua Asante of Triple A Media – Media
- Genevieve Naa Amerley Quaye of NB Sports – Media
- Veronica Commey formerly of GNA – Media
- GRA Royal Ladies Hockey Team
- Sekondi Hasaacas Ladies Football Team
- Ghana Taekwondo
- Ghana Judo Team
- Conquerors Rugby Team
- Die Hard Supporters Union