GES shuts down Buipe SHS after fire outbreak


More than 300 students of Buipe Senior High School have been asked to go home after they lost all their personal belongings in a fire that razed down their dormitory yesterday.

Northern Regional Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Education Service Kanzoni Donald, in a statement, said the decision was taken because both students and the school have lost almost all academic and personal items.

Although the cause of the fire is not readily known, it is alleged it started from the girls’ dormitory around 7 am while students were in class.

Though the Buipe Fire Station was called in time to assist its equipment was non-functional.

Alternative arrangements to get personnel from the Damango Fire Station took more than two hours.

The Headmistress of Buipe SHS, Madam Mercy Ewuntomah,  confirmed the incident. The fire incidence brings to two, major fires experienced in the Buipe Township.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *