24.2 C
Accra
Sunday, August 7, 2022

Pharmaceutical Manufacturers call for expedite action on support from govt

Must Read

Ghana Health Service alarmed at rapid burials without recourse to proper procedure

The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Patrick Kuma-Aboagye has advised Ghanaians especially Muslims to report to health...

University of Ghana condemns clash between students of Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Halls

The University of Ghana has condemned the clash that occurred between students of Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Halls on Friday...

President Akufo-Addo restates commitment to accelerate development in North East Region

By Peter Agengre President Akufo-Addo has commissioned the newly constructed block of the North East Regional Co-ordinating Council; commissioned...

The Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association of Ghana has welcomed support received from government through Exim Bank to produce hydroxyl chloride and antibiotic Azithromycin in the fight and control of COVID-19.

General Secretary of the Association, Lucia Addae told host Ibrahim Oppong Kwarteng on news and current affairs programme, ‘Behind the News’ that the Association has received about 20 percent of the fund and is awaiting the remaining 80 percent.

She indicated that the Association is engaging stakeholders to get the needed resources to drive the industry.

Madam Addae said a lot more investment is needed to fund manufacturing and production in the Pharmaceutical industry.

Some of the medications are already on the market and the Association intends to produce more to stock the market due to increase in demand.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Ghana Health Service alarmed at rapid burials without recourse to proper procedure

The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Patrick Kuma-Aboagye has advised Ghanaians especially Muslims to report to health...

University of Ghana condemns clash between students of Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Halls

The University of Ghana has condemned the clash that occurred between students of Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Halls on Friday August 5th, and in the...

President Akufo-Addo restates commitment to accelerate development in North East Region

By Peter Agengre President Akufo-Addo has commissioned the newly constructed block of the North East Regional Co-ordinating Council; commissioned the new regional office of...

33 of 410 patrons of free hepatitis B screening exercise test positive at Kejetia

By Nicholas Osei-Wusu The claim by health experts that the prevalence of hepatitis B in Ghana is high and alarming became apparent in Kumasi when...

EC clarifies CI on proof of citizenship for purposes of electoral registration

Deputy Chairman of the Electoral Commission (EC), in charge of Corporate Services, Dr. Bossman Asare, has clarified that the CI in which the Ghana...

More Articles Like This