26.2 C
Accra
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
No menu items!

Government to relocate Ameri Power Plant to Kumasi

Must Read

Ashanti Region needs more Fire Stations- DCFO Boakye

By Razark Baba. The Director of Logistics at the Ghana National Fire Service, DCFO Heroine Boakye has appealed for the...

Ghana to build an Ultra-Modern Museum in honour of Renowned Pan-Africanist Dr. W.E.B Du Bois

By Bright Ntramah. President Akufo-Addo has announced plans to construct a State-of-the-Art Museum Complex to honour the legacy of World-renowned...

Police interdict 4 Personnel for alleged assault on residents in Tamale

The Ghana Police Service has interdicted four personnel of the Service with the Tamale Regional Police Command for allegedly...

Plans are underway to relocate the Ameri Power Plant to Kumasi, the Ashanti regional capital after Build, Own, Operate and Transfer (BOOT) Agreement between the Government of Ghana and Ameri Energy expired in January, 2021.

The relocation of the power plant to Kumasi is to stabilize the national grid and it will kick-off immediately after the conclusion of the audit process.

The select committee on energy and mines in its reports on the 2021 draft annual budget estimates of the Ministry has revealed this.

The Committee urged the Ministry to ensure that the audit process is extensive and covers tax obligations of the company so that Ghana is not short-changed and that will “pave way for the transfer of the power plant to the Government of Ghana in line with the terms of the Agreement”.

“The Ministry indicated that reconciliation of the outstanding debt has been completed and about 90 percent of the Government’s financial obligations under the Agreement have been settled by the Ministry of Finance. An Independent Engineer has also been hired to conduct an audit on the power plant after which the remaining 10% financial obligation will be settled in order for the country to assume full ownership”.

The House subsequently, adopted the report and approved an amount of Eight Hundred and Fifty-Four Million, Sixty-Two Thousand, Seven Hundred and Six Ghana Cedis (GH¢854,062,706.0) for the services of the Ministry of Energy for the year ending 31st December 2021.

Story filed by Edzorna Francis Mensah

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Ashanti Region needs more Fire Stations- DCFO Boakye

By Razark Baba. The Director of Logistics at the Ghana National Fire Service, DCFO Heroine Boakye has appealed for the...

Ghana to build an Ultra-Modern Museum in honour of Renowned Pan-Africanist Dr. W.E.B Du Bois

By Bright Ntramah. President Akufo-Addo has announced plans to construct a State-of-the-Art Museum Complex to honour the legacy of World-renowned Black intellectual and Civil Rights...

Police interdict 4 Personnel for alleged assault on residents in Tamale

The Ghana Police Service has interdicted four personnel of the Service with the Tamale Regional Police Command for allegedly assaulting some residents of Tamale...

Missing pregnant woman found without pregnancy

The 28-year-old pregnant woman who went missing in Takoradi on Thursday, September 16, has been found around Axim in the Western Region. Josephine Panyin Mensah...

‘Fix the country’ demonstration hits Sekondi-Takoradi

Some residents of Sekondi-Takoradi today joined a “Fix The Country” demonstration in the metropolis to drum home the need for government to work on...

More Articles Like This