Story by Franklin ASARE-DONKOH
The Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) has disclosed that over seventy (70), cases are under investigation.
In a report dated August 1, 2022, and signed by the Special Prosecutor, Mr. Kissi Agyabeng cataloged and detailed activities and innovations, among other steps being taken to check corruption-related offenses in the country.
The list covers a number of ongoing investigations that the Office of the Special Prosecutor has been handling since it was set up.
The publication indicated that three cases were without conviction or acquittal in respect of the cases pending before the criminal courts:
- The Republic vs. Mahama Ayariga and Another
- The Republic vs. Adjenim Boateng Adjei and Another
- Alexander Kwabena Sarfo-Kantanka Case
In terms of Concluding Investigations, the OSP revealed that the office has concluded three cases:
- Agri-Plus Horizon Farms Limited Case
- Hon. Samuel Atta Akyea Case
- Labianca Company Limited and Customs Division of GRA case
In terms of ongoing investigations, five cases are currently under investigation by the OSP to realize a full-scale action:
- Airbus SE
- Banking and Financial Sector Crisis
- Recruitment to Cadet Officers Training at the Ghana Police Academy
- Estate of Kwadwo Owusu-Afriyie
- Northern Development Authority / A&Qs Consortium
View the full report here: