26.2 C
Accra
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
No menu items!

Three hundred (300) dams under 1V1D being constructed in three regions

Must Read

Ashanti Region needs more Fire Stations- DCFO Boakye

By Razark Baba. The Director of Logistics at the Ghana National Fire Service, DCFO Heroine Boakye has appealed for the...

Ghana to build an Ultra-Modern Museum in honour of Renowned Pan-Africanist Dr. W.E.B Du Bois

By Bright Ntramah. President Akufo-Addo has announced plans to construct a State-of-the-Art Museum Complex to honour the legacy of World-renowned...

Police interdict 4 Personnel for alleged assault on residents in Tamale

The Ghana Police Service has interdicted four personnel of the Service with the Tamale Regional Police Command for allegedly...

Government has announced that three hundred (300) dams under the One-Village-One-Dam (1V1D) programme are being constructed in three regions of the North to provide all-year round water for irrigation farming.

It said 99 percent of the dams were progressing steadily and 70 percent of them would be ready before the peak of the rainy season, while the remaining 30 percent would be completed after the rainy season.

A statement issued and signed by the Minister of Information Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, on Sunday, said all the dams under construction conformed to specifications.

It said each dam covered two hectares land area, embankment wall of five metres, the length ranged between 250m and 350m with the width embankment wall of four metres.

According to the statement, upon completion, each dam is estimated to contain in excess of 30,000 cubic metres of water sufficient to serve the purpose of the beneficiary communities.

It said the 1V1D programme had strong monitoring framework to ensure adherence to technical and security specifications.

The statement  therefore, urged the public to disregard the propaganda and casting of aspersions on the programme by the opposition National Democratic Congress, and should rather propose alternative programmes that would solve the irrigation challenges in the three regions.

It further said the Akufo-Addo led administration remained focused to deliver on its flagship programme including; the Free Senior High School, One-District-One-Factory and Planting for Food and Jobs.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Ashanti Region needs more Fire Stations- DCFO Boakye

By Razark Baba. The Director of Logistics at the Ghana National Fire Service, DCFO Heroine Boakye has appealed for the...

Ghana to build an Ultra-Modern Museum in honour of Renowned Pan-Africanist Dr. W.E.B Du Bois

By Bright Ntramah. President Akufo-Addo has announced plans to construct a State-of-the-Art Museum Complex to honour the legacy of World-renowned Black intellectual and Civil Rights...

Police interdict 4 Personnel for alleged assault on residents in Tamale

The Ghana Police Service has interdicted four personnel of the Service with the Tamale Regional Police Command for allegedly assaulting some residents of Tamale...

Missing pregnant woman found without pregnancy

The 28-year-old pregnant woman who went missing in Takoradi on Thursday, September 16, has been found around Axim in the Western Region. Josephine Panyin Mensah...

‘Fix the country’ demonstration hits Sekondi-Takoradi

Some residents of Sekondi-Takoradi today joined a “Fix The Country” demonstration in the metropolis to drum home the need for government to work on...

More Articles Like This