27.4 C
Accra
Sunday, December 5, 2021
No menu items!

Prosecutors drop charges against 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett

Must Read

South Africa’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa arrives in Accra for State Visit

By Ivan Amponsah. South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa has arrived in Accra on a three-day state visit. The visit is to...

Black Stars advance to PlayOff stage of Africa’s 2022 Fifa World Cup qualifiers

Fifa has dismissed the protest by South Africa that called for the replay for the 2022 World Cup qualifier...

Economic Governance Platform proposes more empowered NDPC to propel Ghana’s Private Sector

By Rebecca Ekpe. Government has the onerous task of protecting the Private Sector, as it remains the largest employer in...

Jussie Smollett had all 16 charges against him dropped, following claims he staged a racist and homophobic attack on himself, in January.

And, despite having all counts expunged from his record, it has been claimed his Empire co-stars have been left divided over the whole thing.

In fact, an insider has claimed there are still some people on set who still believe the 36-year-old set the whole attack up – in which he was beaten and had bleach poured on him.

Sources told TMZ some cast members were ‘shocked at the lack of consequences’ and ‘don’t want him back on the show’.

Some have reportedly been left ‘offended’ by claims he faked the whole attack in an attempt to get a pay rise from Empire producers.

However, the publication states others on set – especially writers – who are happy he has been cleared over the drama.

Taraji P Henson, who plays Cookie Lyon on the series, celebrated the decision, telling USA Today she ‘knew all along he is innocent’.

‘I’m happy that the truth has finally been set free, because I knew it all along,’ the What Women Want star added. ‘We’re all happy for him and thank God the truth prevailed.’

While AzMarie Livingston (Chicken) told People: ‘I’m happy his charges are being dropped and look forward to seeing Jussie on set and his character Jamal back on Empire.’

A tweet from the official Empire account appeared to confirm the actor would definitely be returning to the show, after it was previously suggested his role would be cut.

Alongside a screengrab of a news story being played out on TV, they wrote: ‘See y’all Wednesday,’ with a winking emoji. Jussie made a heartfelt statement yesterday, after being cleared of all 16 charges, with his record being wiped clean.

Sourcemetro

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

South Africa’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa arrives in Accra for State Visit

By Ivan Amponsah. South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa has arrived in Accra on a three-day state visit. The visit is to...

Black Stars advance to PlayOff stage of Africa’s 2022 Fifa World Cup qualifiers

Fifa has dismissed the protest by South Africa that called for the replay for the 2022 World Cup qualifier against Ghana that the Bafana...

Economic Governance Platform proposes more empowered NDPC to propel Ghana’s Private Sector

By Rebecca Ekpe. Government has the onerous task of protecting the Private Sector, as it remains the largest employer in Ghana. In the meantime, the...

Alhaji Mashood Mohammed is 2021 National Best Farmer

Alhaji Mashood Mohammed from Mion District in the Northern Region has been adjudged the 2021 National Best Farmer at the 37th National farmers Day...

17 Year old-KNUST Graduate, Ruth Gyan-Darkwa, a motivation to girls

By Nicholas Osei-Wusu. Girl-Child Education Campaign in Ghana has been boosted following the graduation of the youngest ever student of the Kwame Nkrumah University of...

More Articles Like This