Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an essential nutrient of all vitamins. It is one of the more important vitamins needed for the proper functioning of our body. Citrus fruits (lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit), tomatoes, and potatoes are good common sources of vitamin C. Papaya, broccoli, brussels sprouts, black currants, strawberries, pineapple, cauliflower, spinach, cantaloupe, kiwifruit, cranberries and red peppers are good sources of the vitamin C.
• It is a well-known component of immune system. Immune functions that fight against bacteria, viruses, and infection
• It will protect our body from infection and maintain healthy bones and teeth
• It serves as an affective antihistamine that will lessen the unpleasant effects of the common cold, including inflammation, stuffy nose and aches.
• It is a powerful and effective antioxidant that protects our bodies from free radicals that cause oxidative stress
• Free radicals can cause cell damage that may contribute to the development of cardiovascular disease and cancer.