Calm has returned to Bawku after the shooting incident which killed three people Tuesday, August 16.
Information on how they were killed remains scanty, but sources say the deceased, who were returning from Bolgatanga in a car, were shot and killed around Bawku Senior High School.
The incident has left many people, including the Upper East Regional Minister, Stephen Yakubu, astonished.
They said the area has been relatively peaceful for some time now.
After a REGSEC meeting on Wednesday, August 17, the Regional Minister said the curfew hours, which is from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. still remain in force.
Mr. Yakubu added that some security measures, which are confidential, were discussed at the meeting. The Parliamentary Select Committee on Defense and Interior, who had earlier scheduled to meet with the Bawku Naba and the Nayiri with their elders, was however cancelled.