The Minister for National Minister-nominee, Albert Kan-Dapaah, has assured Ghanaians that the shooting incidents that were witnessed at some electoral collation centres leading to the loss of seven lives in the 2020 elections, will not be swept under the carpet. He said the security agencies are committed to getting to the root of the incidents and have made some arrests as part of their investigation.
Mr. Kan-Dapaah said this when he took his turn at the Appointment Committee of Parliament to answer questions as part of his vetting for the ministerial position.
Mr. Kan-Dapaah said the magnitude of the incidents will make it impossible for anybody to attempt to sweep them under the carpet.
He said action has been taken, as a result of which five suspects have been arrested and arraigned before court, charged with murder.
They have since been remanded in police custody. Thirty-two others have also been arrested and have been charged for causing unlawful damage and investigations are currently on going.
With regard to the shooting incident in Techiman South, which also happened on December 8 last year, Mr Kan-Dapaah, said investigation to identify the officers who shot into the crowds is still ongoing.